PEAP and IP/mask/gateway/dns attributes from RADIUS

Matthew Caron Matt.Caron at sixnet.com
Thu Dec 23 08:40:33 EST 2010

On 12/23/2010 08:34 AM, newuse at qip.ru wrote:
> Hi all, I have find out that RADIUS server could also send Framed-Route, MS-Primary-DNS-Server, MS-Secondary-DNS-Server, Framed-IP-Address  attributes. And could  hostapd correctly handel with this attributes? I mean could hostapd send DHCP-like reply to AP-clients with this parameters?
<snip>
> But windows wi-fi client could not get network address :(

Are you sure your Windows client supports this? If the client doesn't
support it, then no matter what you do on the server, you will  never
make it work.

I think it is commonly done through DHCP. You authenticate (which
appears to be working), and then your DHCP traffic gets passed to the
DHCP server which gives you all that information.
--
Matthew Caron
Build Engineer
matt.caron at sixnet.com