handle_deauth&disassoc / hostapd_notif_disassoc code duplication

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Dec 17 09:43:41 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 13:01 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 13:00 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > Jouni,
> >
> > I'm looking to solve some event problems we have currently hacked around
> > by calling special functions in handle_deauth and handle_disassoc. We
> > want to be notified over dbus when a peer is disconnected, so
>
> err...
>
> We want to be notified over dbus when a peer is disconnected, so we need
> some events for that. I was thinking we could use EVENT_DISASSOC/DEAUTH,
> but that only works when the driver emits them. So I looked into it in a
> little more detail.

Come to think of it -- I thought I wrote this before somewhere but can't
find it -- it may be easier to hook into station state changes (assuming
we change all state changing code to call a function), and then report
trigger the dbus stuff based on the AUTHORIZED flag. That avoids issues
with doing two events when say the station disassocs and deauths later,
and similar things.

johannes