WPS-enabled Bss and other WPS related questions

Tomasz Bursztyka tomasz.bursztyka at nokia.com
Tue Dec 14 05:05:22 EST 2010

Hi,

On 04/12/10 22:23, ext Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Since we do expose some more parsed information for WPA and WPA2 (RSN),
> I would guess it would be reasonable to introduce something similar for
> WPS, too. However, exposing a "wpsie" would be incorrect and not
> acceptable since there may be multiple WPS IEs in Beacon/Probe Response
> frames. I would be fine with exposing an array of WPS attributes or even
> more parsed information from some key attributes if desired.

What about adding 'wps' in bssid's keymgmt attribute, like it is already
in interface's keymgmt attribute? (if only right wps attributes are
found so we can surely declare that it provides wps) Easiest way I
guess. I don't know if it's relevant to expose more that that about wps:
it either supports it or not, right?

Tomasz