vlan for non-tagged clients?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Dec 14 04:19:39 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:00:34AM -0800, Christ Schlacta wrote:
> is there any way to set a "default vlan" for any client that doesn't get
> a vlan specified?
> "You got a vlanid, go there"
> "you didn't get a vlanid, so go to this other vlan"

I don't think there is currently a mechanism in hostapd to specify an
arbitrary VLAN for this, but with dynamic_vlan=1 configuration, the
default interface will be used if the RADIUS server (or local MAC ACL
list) does not provide a specific VLANID. So as long as you bridge the
default interface to the suitable VLAN for this purpose, it should be
possible to achieve this kind of functionality.