wpa_supplicant and r8192se_pci driver

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Sat Dec 11 15:25:37 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with the Realtek RTL8191SE chipset.

lspci:

    03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co.,
    Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller (rev 10)

I have got the latest driver (dated 10-25-2010) installed,
and can see the network interface, but there are some
oddities:

$ iwlist wlan1 scan

   [ shows access points ]

$ iw wlan1 scan

   Operation not supported (-95)

$ wpa_supplicant -B -iwlan1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf &

   ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not permitted

Is there more debugging information I could provide to help
wpa_supplicant support this device and driver?

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth