PSK + EAP on the same SSID?

michael-dev at fami-braun.de michael-dev at fami-braun.de
Sat Dec 11 10:26:00 EST 2010

Am 10.12.2010 23:49, schrieb Christ Schlacta:
> I've read the documentation and it seems to be possible, but without
> some way to segregate teh traffic it seems useless.

The more striking issue I found when testing a shared SSID for PSK and
EAP is that virtually no non-wpa_supplicant handled this friendly. The
users that tested this setup could usually not choose between PSK and
EAP and all current MacOS implementations (iOS 4.x, MacOs on Intel)
seem to break by asking the ap for PSK but then expecting EAP (MacOs
10.4 on PPC worked, though).

> is it possible to force all PSK traffic to one vlan, and all EAP traffic
> to a different VLAN?  It's possible to add vlan responses to  EAP

so the psk clients should get the default vlan and by adding vlan
properties to the radius response, the eap clients are separated.
Though I haven't tested this yet.

mbr