FW: FW: [wpa_supplicant] Most WPA AP:s dont get to WPA_4WAY_HANDSHAKE state when wrong PSK is supplied

Olsson, Ola1 Ola1.Olsson at sonyericsson.com
Fri Dec 10 01:24:34 EST 2010

Hi,

Sorry for bad explanation.
My problems only exist when typing the wrong PSK, when typing the correct PSK, everything works fine.

The only way for upper layers on Android to know that the PSK is wrong is when the warning "pre-shared key may be incorrect" is printed.
For some AP:s I will get to the 4-way handshake before I get the disconnect event, and in this case, everything is also fine. But, a lot of AP:s will just trigger disassociate when we are in associate-state and as we all know, we wont get the string printed in that case.

Have you seen this behaviour?

Do you know any side effects of trigger the print when getting EVENT_DISASSOC in associating state? That will solve my problem at least.

Best regards, Ola