EAPOL wired clients

Björn Smedman bjorn.smedman at venatech.se
Mon Dec 6 14:45:55 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Panagiotis Georgopoulos
<panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Panagiotis!

> b)      Can I use the internal RADIUS auth server for both wired and
> wireless clients at the same time with two instances of hostapd? How?

Perhaps you could set up one hostapd to serve as the RADIUS server and
the other as a client to that server?

If you plan to bridge the wireless and wired clients (to one bridge
interface) then you might run into a problem where multiple hostapd
instances get each others EAPOL frames and get confused:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hostap/22265. I've got a
patch that fixes that. It's a bit too crude for submission (still
hoping for some feedback on the above email), but it works. Let me
know if you need it.

/Björn