[patch] avoid spurious "authentication timed out" message

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Aug 26 06:45:48 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 04:50:57PM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> If the active network was deleted by a REMOVE_NETWORK command while a
> connection attempt was in progress, it was possible for the auth_timer
> to be left running and later generate an unwanted "authentication with
> 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out" message.  This patch (against
> wpa_supplicant 0.6.10) prevents that from happening.

Thanks. Though, since wpa_supplicant_cancel_auth_timeout() is supposed
to be called only when authentication has been completed, I fixed this
differently by canceling the timeout in
wpa_supplicant_{disassociate,deauthenticate}(). That will also take care
of numerous other operations that can result in similar unexpected
authentication timeouts.