ipw2200: wpa_supplicant disconnect every 30s with hostapd on wrt54gl/b43

Tobias Diedrich ranma+hostap at tdiedrich.de
Wed Aug 4 18:54:08 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use hostapd git on my wrt54l, but I'm seeing regular
disconnected events (disassocation: STA=<clientmac> reason_code=1)
on the client side.

Client:
  Debian on X41T
  Linux 2.6.35-rc6
  wpa_supplicant 0.6.9-3
  ipw2200 (firmware 3.1)

AP:
  Debian on WRT54GL
  Linux 2.6.32.10
  hostapd git from today
  b43 (firmware 410.2160)

I found the wpa_supplicant -tdd output very unhelpful, it doesn't
seem to mention any reason for the disconnect at all.

AFAICS on the hostapd side, "disassocation: STA=<clientmac>reason_code=1"
means 'disassociation request from the client; WLAN_REASON_UNSPECIFIED'?

This repeats approx. every 30s.

hostapd config:

|interface=wlan0
|bridge=br0
|driver=nl80211
|logger_syslog=-1
|logger_syslog_level=2
|logger_stdout=-1
|logger_stdout_level=2
|dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
|ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
|ssid=myssid
|hw_mode=g
|channel=11
|beacon_int=100
|dtim_period=2
|max_num_sta=255
|rts_threshold=2347
|fragm_threshold=2346
|macaddr_acl=0
|auth_algs=3
|ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
|wmm_enabled=0
|wmm_ac_bk_cwmin=4
|wmm_ac_bk_cwmax=10
|wmm_ac_bk_aifs=7
|wmm_ac_bk_txop_limit=0
|wmm_ac_bk_acm=0
|wmm_ac_be_aifs=3
|wmm_ac_be_cwmin=4
|wmm_ac_be_cwmax=10
|wmm_ac_be_txop_limit=0
|wmm_ac_be_acm=0
|wmm_ac_vi_aifs=2
|wmm_ac_vi_cwmin=3
|wmm_ac_vi_cwmax=4
|wmm_ac_vi_txop_limit=94
|wmm_ac_vi_acm=0
|wmm_ac_vo_aifs=2
|wmm_ac_vo_cwmin=2
|wmm_ac_vo_cwmax=3
|wmm_ac_vo_txop_limit=47
|wmm_ac_vo_acm=0
|wpa=3
|wpa_passphrase=secret
|wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP

wpa_supplicant config:

|ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
|ctrl_interface_group=0
|eapol_version=1
|ap_scan=1
|fast_reauth=1
|network={
|	ssid="myssid"
|	psk=secret
|}

hostapd -tdd log:
http://uguu.de/~ranma/hostapd-git-20100804.log

wpa_supplicant -tdd log:
http://uguu.de/~ranma/wpa_supplicant-0.6.9-20100804.log

(I originally had the logs included in this mail, but ran
into the 25k message size limit)

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de