wpa_supplicant error when usb stick tries to connect to AP

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sun Sep 27 16:09:18 EDT 2009

Hello!

I have a Fritz! USB WLAN N stick and a Netgear router / access point. I use
the Windows drivers with ndiswrapper.

Ok, wlan0 is up and running, but, the stick can't connect to the AP. I only
get the error "disconnect event - remove keys".

This is my wpa_supplicant config:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
  scan_ssid=1
  ssid="foo"
  proto=WPA2
  psk="foo"
}

I use wpa_supplicant 0.6.4 on openSUSE 11.1.

I have no restriction to certain MACs in my router. i tried to change the
channels, nothing helped....

This is the iwconfig output:

wlan0     IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.452 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate:270 Mb/s   Tx-Power:-2147483648 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:79/100  Signal level:-45 dBm  Noise level:-96 dBm

Any help appreciated.

Malte