Using OpenSSL 0.9.8k peap-tls fails with session resumption

vani y vani_y at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 17:38:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been using wpa_supplicant with OpenSSL lib 0.9.8k. I am testing PEAP-TLS with session resumption and 'fast reconnect' disabled on the server. This would force the client to do a full reauthentication.

I am seeing the client failing the session resumption with the OpenSSL lib 0.9.8k. With the older version of OpenSSL this issue did not happen.

The failure happens when the client send Client certificate after a server hello validation. The server sends access denied failure.

Does anybody know of any patch was added to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Vani

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.