Deauthenticated messages in log

John Dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:19:25 EDT 2009

I'm running hostapd v0.6.6 on a laptop with WPA2 authentication. I do have
connectivity between my AP and the client and it does authenticate
successfully. However lately, I've been seeing this message occurring in the
logs:

Sep 10 15:13:01 linux-ivvo hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:12:cf:8f:06:6b IEEE 802.11:
deauthenticated due to local deauth request

After the client connects and the handshake is reported to be complete and
then a few minutes elapse, I start seeing this message occuring.

My question is, what causes this message and is it a symptom of a problem or
is this normal behaviour from a AP that is not seeing any traffic on the
connection?

Cheers!!
--
"To Err is human, to forgive is NOT company policy."

John Dowd
S/W Contractor
email: jdowd at gmail dot com
Cell: (613)316-7884