IEEE8021X and WEP40

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Sep 8 17:21:01 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 10:23:32AM +0800, Zhu Yi wrote:

> I should mention my case is for static WEP key with IEEE8021X key
> management. Does wpa_supplicant allow this?

In theory, it should. However, I have not tested this very thoroughly.
Are you also using dynamic WEP key from the Authenticator, i.e.,
changing the WEP key at the end of the authentication and only using the
static key during EAP authentication? At which point does the issue show
up? Association? Key configuration after EAP authentication?