WPS in wpa supplicant 0.6.9

santosh kumar upadhyaya upadhyayasantosh at rediffmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:13:47 EDT 2009

Hello All,
I am trying to use wps in wpa supplicant from linux ubuntus laptop.
I am using wpa supplicant version 0.6.9.
But I am not able to connect to the AP.
I did the following things.

1> Compiled wpa_supplicant_0.6.0 with config_wps=y in .config file
2> In wpa_supplicant.conf file , I have wps_cred_processing=0 .
There is no network block.
3> load the binary and run from command prompt by
sudo cp wpa_cli wpa_supplicant /usr/local/bin
and then
sudo wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c//home/lab-user/Desktop /wps/wpa_supplicant-0.6.9/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -d

4> Then generated the pin by wpa_cli wps_pin 12345670

5> Then in the AP , enetered the number 12345670 and pressed Register button.

I am using linksys WRT54G2 V1 AP.

I see that the laptop disassociates after getting the probe response from the AP.

I have tested the AP in wps mode by connecting the windows XP client to the AP in WPS .It works fine.

I am able to see the probe response from the AP , that contains the wps vendor information in the wireless sniffer.

But the wpa supplicant client is not able to receive this.

In the function "wpas_wps_ssid_bss_match" I put debug prints and found that WPS related info is not received.

So, it says "skip - non-WPS AP".

Can anybody please suggest me whats happening in this case .
Any thing else I need to do to make this work.

Regards
Santosh