Query: can wpa_supplicant set up an ad-hoc network

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Oct 16 02:28:07 EDT 2009

> with a Marvell wifi driver.

Which one, a Marvell specific one or the one that is included in
the kernel?

> Could this be a problem with the kernel, driver
> or wpa_supplicant?

Yes.

(Couldn't resist, as the question here is way too broad)

> As a test, I have disabled wpa_supplicant and used iwconfig to
> setup the ad-hoc network and this appears to work.

That's better :-)

Run wpa_supplicant with "-ddt" and provide the log to the mailing
list. Also run "iwevent" at the same time. And send this too.
Maybe we can tell then more.

--
http://www.holgerschurig.de