[hostap] Make hostap dissociate and re-associate with clients

Shruti Sanadhya s.sanadhya at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:43:13 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a hostap running on a fedora core 10 (kernel 2.6.27.5) with an
atheros AR9610 chipset. I want to dynamically dissociate the AP from an
active client if I add the MAC address to the 'deny' list. It works fine if
the client tries to associate after it has beed added in the deny list. But
in cases where the client is already associated it does not kill the
connection. Restarting hostap is one option but my system gets hung. Has
anybody tried this before? Does anybody know anyway the AP can just
reauthenticate users?

Thanks,
Shruti