WPA2 Issues in Ubuntu Karmic 9.10

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 14:47:39 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:37 -0500, Bryan Moore wrote:
> I think that's where my problem is a little different, since I use
> neither network-manager nor wicd.

Then that points to either an AP issue or a driver issue.  I'd first
suspect the driver, but consumer-level APs are often pieces of junk that
sometimes randomly fail as well.

First try to reboot the AP.  If that doesn't help, then try to downgrade
your kernel if you still have an older one installed.  That can help
isolate driver issues.

After that, well, you have to jump into debugging the kernel wireless
stack, which isn't really that bad.

Dan