WPA2 Issues in Ubuntu Karmic 9.10

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 14:36:23 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 05:25 -0500, Bryan Moore wrote:
> Thanks... I figured that was going to be the answer, but was hoping
> someone would just write-back "oh, it's this..."
> :-(

It's almost never that simple :)

> Here's one I started in UbuntuForums, here's my Launchpad bug, here's
> one of the others, and I've attached some of command outputs specific
> to my system.

The Syslog.txt in that first Launchpad bug shows a lot of:

Jul 18 17:17:28 molly kernel: [25847.724098] wlan0: no probe response from AP 00:13:d3:81:ac:d6 - disassociating

It looks from that bug report that NM is working correctly, but often
the driver simply disconnects you because the AP is not responding to
probe requests, or the driver has a bug which causes it to miss the
probe responses.

Dan