Strange behavior with wpa_supplicant -u

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 21:05:01 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 09:24 -0500, Mike Edenfield wrote:
> On 11/12/2009 1:58 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Can you try loading iwl3945.ko with "disable_hw_scan=1" and report
> > whether that works better than hardware scanning?  That turns on
> > mac80211 software scanning which (for 2.6.31) definitely has the correct
> > nullfunc-before-scan handling.  That can help isolate the problem with
> > hardware scanning and then we can further debug with the Intel folks to
> > figure out what's going on in the firmware.
>
> This does correct my problem, the 00:00:00:00:00:00 AP events and
> subsequent disconnects have stopped.
>
> I'm already in the middle of a thread on the iwlwifi list, so I'll head
> back over there and report my findings.

Great!  That diagnoses this issue as an iwlwifi hardware scanning issue,
so as you've discovered the Intel team probably wants to know all about
it, and can guide you on debugging the issue.

When you resolve it with them, would you mind posting the resolution as
a reply here to?  I'm curious.

Thanks!
Dan