kernel panic is coming in Repeater mode while upgrading hostapd 0.4.8 to 0.6.9

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sat May 30 17:55:10 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 13:09 +0530, gokulnath A wrote:
> hi all...
>
>    I have upgraded the hostapd version 0.4.8 to 0.6.9 in my atheros
> based chipset. I am using Madwifi Wirless driver .  i have set
> Repeater Mode with first Vap as managed mode and Second Vap as Master
> mode . While setting WPA, WPA2 , WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-auto,
> WPA2-auto anyone of the security settings in VAP2 , kernel panic is
> coming after reboot . Please help me to solve this issue.
>
> But setting in VAP1 have no problem. Only VAP2 having the kernel panic
> problem.

Userspace software such as hostapd or wpa_supplicant cannot be held
responsible for kernel panics.

Kernel panic is a kernel issue and should be reported as such, that is,
to the list about the appropriate driver (MadWifi in this case),
complete with the versions of the software involved (kernel and MadWifi)
and the backtrace from the kernel log.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin