RTL 8185

Barkle barkle at gmx.net
Thu May 21 13:55:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a pci-card with a RTL8185 chip.
[01:07.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8185
IEEE 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 20)]

Base on on a Debian Lenny with
kernel 2.6.30-rc5
wpasupplicant v0.6.9
wireless_tools 30

I can change some parameter on the card, for example the channel, but
every time I try to get the card to work, the kernel is freezed.

Now I´m not sure, if this mailinglist ist the right one, because it may
be a problem of the hasrware, the kernel or some userland tools.

If you need any additional information, please ask me an I try to answer
asap.

Thanks.