Hostapd and ath9k - AP not working

Helena Zhang helena at astbb.com
Fri Mar 27 19:55:10 EDT 2009

Thanks for the help Jouni. I switched to 2.6.29 and it works better now (I
don't know why but wireless testing does not work). Now I have a new
problem. When both sides are in a/b/g mode, the connection works fine.
However, when I switch to na/ng mode, the connection is very fragile. The
sta can associate with the ap and stays associated, but they cannot ping
each other unless I put the antenna in a very specific place (I have to
manually adjust for each connection carefully since the place changes with
every channel), which is really strange because the two boxes are only two
feet from each other. Even when I do get them to ping each other the ping
time is very unstable. When I do iperf, the maximum throughput I managed to
get is 21 Mb on channel 44, HT40+, which is a lot less than what it should
be. Has anyone else seen this problem before? What could I be doing wrong?