wpa_supplicant can't find hidden SSID

planetf1 bugs at cherrybyte.me.uk
Thu Mar 19 15:15:28 EDT 2009

On 19/03/09 18:10, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> Sounds like a driver issue to me. Which driver version are you using? If
> the driver does not send out a Probe Request with the specific SSID you
> are trying to use, it won't be able to use this network.
Driver version -
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux,
1.2.26kds

Currently Fedora rawhide kernel package
kernel-PAE-2.6.29-0.215.rc7.fc11.i686

firmware -
iwl3945 loaded firmware version 15.28.2.8

Just having some confirmation/re-enforcement that this appears to be a
driver issue is great in moving things forward.

I'm not surprised a rawhide config isn't working.. just would like to
ensure I validate it's a real problem and target/push the defect in the
right area/capture any additional useful information to hopefully see it
resolved for other users.