SKB BUG: Invalid truesize

Sylvain fricompte at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 9 02:16:03 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I just reported this bug at Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/120172

Basically, I often get 'SKB BUG: Invalid truesize' messages in my logs
when a client connects to my AP (and subsequently uses the connection).
You can see the whole trace in the bug report.

My config in a nutshell:
http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6840592&postcount=17

So it's hostapd 0.6.7 with ath9k on an atheros AR5008.

All in all, the connection works, but I do have the 'feeling' that it is
far from fast. In fact, skype is not usable through the AP for instance.
I hope that fixing that ugly SKB bug would make things faster, better,
stronger...

So, I am looking for any advice that would help me fix that SKB BUG
problem. Probably the first piece of advice that comes to mind is to
upgrade to 0.6.8, but I am kind of reluctant to abandon the deb/apt-get
convenience. Of course if it is a known fact that 0.6.8 fixes that
particular problem I will happily compile it.

Bonus question: the chip is supposed to support draft n, but
1/ iw list shows 54.0 Mbps as the highest bitrate
2/ on my eee pc, "iwlist ra0 scan" lists my AP with Bit Rates:118 Mb/s
Who is right, and what should I do to use the chip at its maximum speed?

Below is my hostapd.conf (cat hostapd.conf | sed -e '/^#/d' -e '/^$/d'),
let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you in advance,
Sylvain

interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid=lous
hw_mode=g
channel=5
beacon_int=100
dtim_period=2
max_num_sta=255
rts_threshold=2347
fragm_threshold=2346
supported_rates=540
basic_rates=540
macaddr_acl=1
accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/accept
auth_algs=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wme_enabled=1
wme_ac_bk_cwmin=4
wme_ac_bk_cwmax=10
wme_ac_bk_aifs=7
wme_ac_bk_txop_limit=0
wme_ac_bk_acm=0
wme_ac_be_aifs=3
wme_ac_be_cwmin=4
wme_ac_be_cwmax=10
wme_ac_be_txop_limit=0
wme_ac_be_acm=0
wme_ac_vi_aifs=2
wme_ac_vi_cwmin=3
wme_ac_vi_cwmax=4
wme_ac_vi_txop_limit=94
wme_ac_vi_acm=0
wme_ac_vo_aifs=2
wme_ac_vo_cwmin=2
wme_ac_vo_cwmax=3
wme_ac_vo_txop_limit=47
wme_ac_vo_acm=0
ieee80211n=1
ht_capab=[HT40-][SHORT-GI-40][DSSS_CCK-40]
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
eap_server=0
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
wpa=0