hostapd-0.6.9 configed into WEP configuration but auth inopensystem way (Jouni Malinen)

aaaaa aaaaa manfred.richthofen at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:45:13 EDT 2009

Hi Jouni

Thanks for your information.

I want to use WEP shared key authentication. No need to use 802.1x and eap_server.

Now my hostapd.conf looks like:

auth_algs=2

# Static WEP key configuration
wep_default_key=0
wep_key0=123456789a

#ieee8021x=0
#eap_server=0

===.config===

CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211=y
LIBNL=/usr/src/libnl
CFLAGS += -I$(LIBNL)/include
LIBS += -L$(LIBNL)/lib

LIBSSL=/home/zimmer/802/openssl-0.9.8i
CFLAGS += -I$(LIBSSL)/include
LIBS += -L$(LIBSSL)
#eap_server=1

Problem is :

On PC client, I can see the ssid with WEP encrypt capacibility.

But after I enter the password and click connect, hostapd shows:

authentication: STA=00:16:6f:1b:32:05 auth_alg=0 auth_transaction=1 status_code=0 wep=0
Unsupported authentication algorithm (0)
authentication reply: STA=00:16:6f:1b:32:05 auth_alg=0 auth_transaction=2 resp=13 (IE len=0)

I think it should be (2), why client sends (0)?

Did I still miss something in .config or hostapd.conf?

I use standard 2.6.29 kernel and hostapd-0.6.9, have not modified anything.

Manfred