Using Internal TLS for HTTPS

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Jun 5 10:29:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 07:21:05AM -0000, santosh kumar upadhyaya wrote:

> I am using wpa supplicant(wpa_supplicant-0.6.9) on Embedded Platform.
> I could make EAP-TLS work using internal TLS for the embedded platform.
>
> Now , I am trying make HTTPS client using internal TLS.
>
> Is it possible to do HTTPS client using Internal TLS ??

In theory, you could do this if you are willing to implement the TLS
socket integration for the HTTPS client. However, the feature set
supported in the internal TLS code is limited to whatever is needed to
support EAP methods and that may not meet the needs of your use case for
HTTPS. For example, only TLS 1.0 is supported (i.e., no support for SSL
3.0) and that may result in not being able to connect to all HTTPS
servers.