new -N switch

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Jan 13 09:16:45 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 02:33:37PM +0100, Norbert Wegener wrote:

> With eapol_test I want to check the configuration of a radius server for
> NAS-IP-Address = 1.1.1.1.

> /usr/local/bin/eapol_test -a123.25.153.210 -ssecret -c/tmp/test.conf
> -N4:d:16843009

> On the radius site I get:
>         NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1^M
>         NAS-IP-Address = 1.1.1.1^M

> Obviously  the NAS-IP-Address appears twice. Is there a chance to
> overwrite the first NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1 entry via the command line?

Not currently. I wanted to be a bit careful on not changing the existing
behavior (and especially command line options) when the new -N option
was added. Anyway, it sounds reasonable to skip the automatic addition
of an attribute (NAS-IP-Address, Calling-Station-Id, Framed-MTU,
NAS-Port-Type, Connect-Info) if the same attribute is included in an -N
option.