eapol_test and vendor specific dictionaries

Norbert Wegener norbert.wegener at siemens.com
Fri Jan 9 08:34:38 EST 2009

Jouni Malinen schrieb:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 01:56:56PM +0100, Norbert Wegener wrote:
>

>> in  http://osdir.com/ml/freeradius.devel/2006-02/msg00054.html
>> patches from Alan DeKok are mentioned so that
>>

>>> eapol_test that would link to
>>> the FreeRADIUS libs & load the dictionaries.
>>>
>> That functionality would be really helpfull.
>> It seems, they did not (yet?) make it into eapol_test.
>> Are there plans to change this?
>>

> I don't remember where that thread ended, but anyway, they are not in
> the current eapol_test.
>
> Could you please describe the use case for this? eapol_test has (since
> 0.6.7) a mechanism for adding arbitrary RADIUS attributes into the
> messages (see command line option '-N'). Would the dictionaries be used
> just to make this easier (i.e., no need to manually generate the
> attribute data) or is there some additional functionality here that I'm
> missing?

In a greater radius  installation there are numerous different rules for
vlan assignements. Before applying even the slightest configuration
change to a production system, I want to make sure, that as much
different configurations as possible have been checked to deliver those
attributes that they are expected to.

To check  certificate based authentications in this ocntext eapol_test
seems to be the candidate.
If the freeradius dictionaries  would  be included in eapol_test, life
would be much easier.

Norbert Wegener

--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norbert Wegener

Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH & Co. OHG
SIS GO GIO NW PSU2
Kruppstraße 16
D-45128 Essen

Phone     : +49 (0) 201 816-3116
Fax.      : +49 (0) 201 816-5581284
mailto:norbert.wegener at siemens.com

Siemens IT Solutions and ServicesGmbH & Co. OHG
Offene Handelsgesellschaft, Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRA 69235;
Geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Siemens Business Services Beteiligungs-GmbH,
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Kollatz, Vorsitzender; Jürgen Frischmuth, Michael Schulz-Drost;

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRB 50462;
Weitere Gesellschafter: Siemens Business Services Investment GmbH & Co.  KG,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRA 86893;
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin der Siemens Business Services Investment GmbH & Co. KG:

Siemens Business Services Beteiligungs-GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Christoph Kollatz, Vorsitzender; Jürgen Frischmuth, Michael Schulz-Drost; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRB 50462 WEEE-Reg.Nr. DE 88294312