Adding an authentication scheme/modifying association frames

Timur Alperovich timur.alperovich at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:12:34 EST 2009

Hi there,

This is an odd question, but as I read the 802.11 standard, it seemed
that the supported rates field doesn't have a specific size set. Is it
possible to send an association reply frame that includes additional
information in the field? Is the frame constructed by the hostap
driver or firmware?

Also, is there any documentation on adding an authentication scheme to hostapd?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is have the access point transmit
some data to the client while it is authenticating/associating with
it, but I suppose that's obvious from the questions. Thank you.

--
Cheers,
Timur