wpa_supplicant not working with speedport w303 accesspoint

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Feb 24 14:14:51 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:15:08AM +0100, Jan Marc Hoffmann wrote:
> My wlan is working just fine with other APs and with this AP under
> windows. It's not working under linux. I tried two different computers.
> (2200bg 29** intel)

> The wpa_supplicant errorlog:

> Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=00:23:08:0b:26:72

> RTM_NEWLINK, IFLA_IFNAME: Interface 'eth0' added
> Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
> Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00
> Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
> Added BSSID 00:23:08:0b:26:72 into blacklist
> CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

> Im using the latest cvs version 0.7.0 of wpa_supplicant. Any idea how to
> solve this problem?

The debug log seems to indicate that wpa_supplicant did not receive
any EAPOL frames from the AP as would have been expected here.
Consequently, there is not really much that can be debugged at this
level and one would likely need to take a look at how the driver is
behaving. Would you be able to use the other computer as a wireless
sniffer and capture the frames exchanged between the AP and the client
(e.g., with wireshark)?