wpa_supplicant taking 30 seconds to a minute to stabilize

Derek Chan dwc+hostap at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Feb 24 03:50:47 EST 2009

Hi,

I recently upgraded a system from Debian etch to Debian lenny.

I never noticed any irregularity there, but I noticed in lenny that the
connection seemed to take a long time to take a long time to come up (things
that used network at boot often failed).

It looks like there is a long series of associations in the logs that
eventually stops.

So far, I have been unable to track this down to a particular piece of
software, as I've downgraded wpasupplicant and ndiswrapper in turn to the
etch versions (same binary pkg for wpasupplicant, added in compatibility
#defines to get 1.28 to build on 2.6.26) and I am still seeing these delays.
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.  I've attached the log (-ddt)
here.

This is a USR5422 using the same NDIS driver (rsc4usb (U.S.
Robotics,11/16/2005, 3.3.36.0))

System under etch:
distro 2.6.18-6-686 kernel
ndiswrapper 1.28-1
wpasupplicant 0.5.5-2

System under lenny:
distro 2.6.26-1-686 kernel
ndiswrapper 1.53-2
wpasupplicant 0.6.4-3

Thanks,

 - Derek

--
Be the change you want to see in the world
        -- Mahatma Gandhi