wpa_supplicant: disable PMKSA caching?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Feb 17 02:56:31 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 07:57:31PM +0100, Helmut Schaa wrote:

> I'm currently debugging a driver race which inhibits WPA-EAP connections if
> PMKSA-caching is used => I'd like to disable it for debugging purposes. For
> common usage disabling it does not make much sense.

Would it be enough to use WPA (v1) for that test? It would disable PMKSA
caching without changing EAP part of the authentication at all.

> Do you think it's worth to add a config entry to enable/disable PMKSA caching?

I wouldn't add a runtime configuration option for this. If it is helpful
for some testing, it would probably be easy to extend the current
conditional build configuration that allows WPA2 support to be removed.
pmksa_cache.h includes the functions if IEEE 802.1X support is enabled
and CONFIG_NO_WPA2 is not defined. The CONFIG_NO_WPA2 there could be
replaced with CONFIG_NO_PMKSA_CACHE which could be set in Makefile based
on CONFUG_NO_WPA2 or also defined in .config.