EAPOL-KEY packet routing question in case of running both supplicant and authenticator simultaneously

이영신 youngsinlee at lge.com
Wed Feb 11 02:39:52 EST 2009

If we run both supplicant and authenticator simultaneously in a same process, how can we distinguish the destination of a received EAPOL-KEY ? That is, how can we know whether this packet is for supplicant or for authenticator ?

Because 'l2_packet_init' function has no argument to tell the above thing, I think we should use the content field of EAPOL-KEY. For example, supplicant first tries the received packet. If this fails, the received packet is routed to authenticator. Is this appraoch right ?

I hope this approach is not right. Please let me know the right approach.

Thanks.