How to handle multiple SSIDs with the same BSS

Witold Sowa witold.sowa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:45:29 EST 2009

Jouni Malinen pisze:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 02:13:44PM -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>>> Actually, now that I added a preliminary implementation of BSS table
>>> management into wpa_supplicant, I do have a unique identifier (unsigned
>>> int) for each BSS. In other words, there should be no need to
>>> concatenate BSSID and SSID in hex here and we could just use that new
>>> identifier and make D-Bus code use the BSS table as the source of the
>>> information.
>> sounds great. This should make things work smoothly soon.
>
> I converted the new D-Bus API to use the BSS table instead of scan
> results. This will hopefully resolve the multi-SSID issue you mentioned
> earlier. I did only minimal testing with the wpas-dbus-new.py script and
> d-feet, so please let me know if I missed something in the changes.

wpas_dbus_register_bss and wpas_dbus_unregister_bss takes superfluous
parameter bssid. We can remove it. Similarly, wpas_notify_bss_added and
wpas_notify_bss_removed don't really need bssid parameter, since they
use it only for logging and can easily obtain it from the BSS list by
the id.

Regards,
Witek.