How to handle multiple SSIDs with the same BSS

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Dec 27 14:45:13 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 01:22:08PM -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > OK. Assuming the BSS interface remains, it would sound simplest to just
> > concatenate hexdump of the SSID into the object path.
>
> I would go for this one.

Actually, now that I added a preliminary implementation of BSS table
management into wpa_supplicant, I do have a unique identifier (unsigned
int) for each BSS. In other words, there should be no need to
concatenate BSSID and SSID in hex here and we could just use that new
identifier and make D-Bus code use the BSS table as the source of the
information.