wpa_supplicant with "ap_scan=1"
c_ppujer at qualcomm.com
Mon Aug 31 14:49:31 EDT 2009
1. yes it has capability to search AP with SSID and security setting and it try to associate with that
2. yes if you configured in .config file while building wpa_supplicant "CONFIG_IEEE80211R=y"
3. no idea
From: hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com [mailto:hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Paresh Sawant
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 11:42 AM
To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: wpa_supplicant with "ap_scan=1"
I am running wpa_supplicant (0.5.11) on Linux. Following is my configuration -
psk="my example psk"
I would like to know -
1. Is it possible that the wpa_supplicant would perform the scanning
and do the BSS selection using the given network block ?
2. If there are more than one access points having configuration
similar to given network block, would wpa_supplicant to make
connection to an access point with better signal strength? In short,
would wpa_supplicant be able to roam?
3. In case of ap_scan=1, how frequently the scan operation is performed?
HostAP mailing list
HostAP at lists.shmoo.com
More information about the HostAP