WAPI support in wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Aug 19 18:14:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:19:06AM +0530, Raghavendra wrote:

>    Does wpa_supplicant supports WAPI (WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure)?

The default distribution does not include any support for WAPI, but
there is at least one Wi-Fi vendor-specific version of wpa_supplicant
with WAPI support.

>   If not please let me know how to support WAPI in wpa_supplicant.

WAPI uses quite different mechanism for authentication and key
distribution, so it will not be enough to just modify wpa_supplicant;
you will also need to have a driver that is capable of supporting WAPI.
If you can select the WLAN vendor based on their capabilities in
supporting WAPI, the easiest option would likely be to pick one that can
show existing, certified support for it. If you're stuck with a vendor
that does not have such support, I can just wish you good luck ;-).