WPA_Supplicant failing for LEAP

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 16:34:15 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 08:54 +1000, linux newbie wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Is wpa_supplicant + airo driver + LEAP tested??
>
> How to check whether LEAP is enabled in my airo driver or not? Is
> there any modules that needs to be integrated with airo driver for
> LEAP support?

I know the Airo driver can be used for dynamic WEP, but I haven't ever
heard of it being used for Network EAP as the 802.11 auth mode.  The
cards have some firmware support for LEAP internally (there are internal
chip registers for LEAP username and password) so the firmware might
well trap LEAP responses.  Who knows.

What supplicant version are you running?  There's a fix in later
versions that helps airo get the right keys (ie, IW_ENCODE_TEMP).

Dan