Set SSID=hex doesn't work

Pongsak Tawankanjanachot egapongsak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:36:04 EDT 2009

Thanks, Mr.Williams. I'm really appreciated your help.
I can use these values to connect with AP.
ssid="TEST"
bssid=00:1a:4d:2f:87:2c

but if the AP changes its SSID, the station doesn't reconnect to this AP (it
says mismatch SSID).

My goal is to force this station connect to this MAC address no matter what
SSID it is.
I'm not sure if this feature is possible in wpa_supplicant.

README says that SSID is mandatory. That's why I don't know how to configure
the network block correctly.
Any suggestion would be thankful.

Pongsak

I also try with
1) ssid="TEST" bssid=00:00:00:00:00:00
(correct SSID, wrong bssid) STA cannot connect to AP.

2) ssid="AAA" bssid=00:1a:4d:2f:87:2c
(wrong SSID, correct bssid) STA cannot connect to AP.