wpa_supllicant's nl80211 driver makes NetworkManager report 100 link quality for all access points

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:11:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

My goal is to cut down to minimum the time it takes to connect fully to
an access point.

Due to that I want to use new and probably still unfinished nl80211
wpa_supplicant driver.

It works with NetworkManager quite well (I patched wpa_supplicant to use
nl80211 when NM asks for wext)

Except one thing: NM shows 100% quality on all access points.

Is this known?

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

PS:

I use latest -git versions of NM, wpa_supplicant, and kernel (latest
iwlwifi-git, based on wireless-testing)

I can CC <networkmanager-list at gnome.org> as well, but  I didn't because
I don't want to be accused of cross-posting... :-)