Do u happen ?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Sep 23 06:14:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 04:47:20PM +0800, quakextm wrote:

>     I am using wpa_supplicant.exe(0.5.10,I build has the same problem) to do the 802.1x,my conf file is :

> AP is DLink DWL-2100AP,RADIUS server is windows 2000 server.
>
> My problem is :when use a ZyDAS ZD1211 802.11b+g Wireless LAN ,everything is ok!
>                when use DLINK card (DWL-G132 H/W Ver:A3 F/W Ver:1.21) ,it failed. The group key has finished,(sometimes the adapter got the IP) after about 1-2 second , ndis indicate "MSNdis_StatusMediaDisconnect" , so it failed , and redo the wpa steps ,again and again. But if use windows WZC to config the dlink adapter , there's no problem.

My guess would be that this is caused by some kind of race condition
with the driver when setting the key after 4-way handshake and before
transmitting the reply to group key handshake. If the AP and client
driver support WPA2, I would suggest testing with it since WPA2 removed
the case where this particular race condition would happen. It would
also be useful to see whether the AP reports anything in event/debug log
about the station. Disconnection at this point would likely be caused
by the AP deciding to drop the station if it does not receive Group Key
handshake message 2/2.