New WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) patch

Chuck Tuffli CTuffli at dspg.com
Mon Sep 22 11:18:42 EDT 2008

Sorry, I describe that poorly. Section 7.2.5 lists it as optional if the
value is false. That said, I have run into an AP that does not set this
attribute.

> > Unfortunately, there are AP that either don't use this
> element at all
> > or need to be provoked to set it.
>
> But then how PBC Overlap detection on STA works?

Good question :)
All tests with this issue use PIN. There is a WFA group addressing some
of the issues with WPS and I'll add this item to the list. Thanks!

---chuck