WPS support in wpa_supplicant

Max Kovalenko maxk at marvell.com
Wed Sep 3 11:09:44 EDT 2008

Mac's AirPort utility - an example of a popular, but not WPS certified
doesn't send WPS IE in the Assoc Req either.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:11:16 -0700, Chuck Tuffli wrote:

> [...]

attempt WPS (ie not WPA/RSN) if it sees a WPS IE in >the >assoc req.
Some other certified stations were including the IE in both, so that's
what I did, but after some spot testing today, it >appears >maybe the IE
in the assoc isn't always necessary.