WPA Supplicant: attempt to connect only once

Soh Kam Yung sohkamyung at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 01:24:00 EDT 2008

I am writing a program to control wpa_supplicant via the control
interface and have a question.

Is there a setting that controls how many times wpa_supplicant will
try to associate with a network?  If yes, can this be set to one?

At present, I am seeing multiple "Trying to associate..." ...
"CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED ..." messages when I attempt to associate
with a network (using the "ENABLE_NETWORK" command).  This may happen,
for example, if the wrong passphrase is used to connect to a WPA-PSK
network.

I would like to control the number of times this happens in my application.

If this is not possible, I suppose I can 'hack it' by sending a
"DISABLE_NETWORK" command after I see the "CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED"
message.

Regards,
Kam-Yung
--