Hostap+Freeradius and accounting on the same machine

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Oct 30 14:53:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:24:56PM +0100, lolo wrote:

> Is someone have installing and configuring accounting with hostapd and
> freeradius on the same machine ?

That should work fine.

> Fri Oct 17 19:23:33 2008 : Error: Received Accounting-Request packet from
> 10.1.1.254 with invalid signature!  (Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping
> packet without response.
>
> Here where to find my all configuration :
> http://www.system-linux.net/config/freeradius-ldap-hostapd/configuration/

It looks like there is type in the hostapd configuration file: RADIUS
shared secret is not configured for accounting:

# serveur auth
auth_server_addr=10.1.1.254
auth_server_port=1812
auth_server_shared_secret=myverysecretpassword

# serveur acct
acct_server_addr=10.1.1.254
acct_server_port=1813
auth_server_shared_secret=myverysecretpassword

That last line should have set acct_server_shared_secret.