WPA Supplicant - eapol test

Surendranath.C. surendranath.c at tatacommunications.com
Fri Nov 28 07:29:15 EST 2008

I am getting the same error message as mentioned in my earlier message even
after making the changes as mentioned by you in the mail trail.

> I am receiving an error message like this:

> [root at testradiusdgp ~]# eapol_test -c ttls-eapmd5.conf -s testing123

> Reading configuration file 'ttls-eapmd5.conf'

> Failed to parse configuration file 'ttls-eapmd5.conf'.

Message: 2

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:40:39 +0200

From: Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>

Subject: Re: WPA Supplicant - eapol test

To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 01:55:13PM +0530, Surendranath.C. wrote:

> I am attaching you herewith the conf file for your reference.

The file is fine as far as parsing is concerned. Are you sure you pointed to
the correct file name/path when running eapol_test? The error message that
you showed would be triggered if eapol_test could not read the file
(incorrect path or permissions)..

PS.

If you are trying to test EAP-TTLS with EAP-MD5 in the tunnel, you will need
to change the phase2 parameter from "auth=EAP-MD5" to "autheap=MD5".

Thanks & Regards,

Surendranath. C.