driver support for 802.11r ?

David Hick ds.hick at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 12:59:02 EST 2008

Hello Everyone

According to my knowledge hostpad-0.6.6 and wpa_supplicant-0.6.6 both have the support for 802.11r.
I have the Atheros AR5xxx wireless card, but did not get the success.
Does somebody know how I can configure it for hostpad-0.6.6 and wpa_supplicant-0.6.6.  According to my knowledge the kernel 2.6.27 has a mac80211 which has a support for Atheros. Does I need any patches for hostpad and for wpa_supplicant? Does Fedora 10 have a wireless-testing kernel? . Should I use the compat-wireless to for patches for Fedora 10, it will be ok?
Or should I use any other distribution and wirless-testing kernel?
Looking forward for help. I appriciate if some one can help me in detail.

I googled, and found some information, the 802.11r and 802.11w can be used using the nl80211 driver. But I do not have any clear idea? I can see the driver_nl80211 in hostapd but not in wpa_suppliant?
David