Killing wpa_supplicant and wi-fi interface down problem

Raghavendra s.raghu at samsung.com
Mon Nov 17 22:46:26 EST 2008

Hi Dan,

   I totally agree with your point that it is better to put interface down,
when we kill wpa_supplicant. I my case I am using wpa_supplicant for
associating with the AP. I can not use this for scanning becoz of limitation
on the number of scan result it provides using control interface which is
max of 15 or 16 AP info. Also I we want to set advnced configuration of
interface like setting power management, RTS, txpower, getting MAC of
interface...etc we need wi-fi interface up and wpa_supplicant does not
provide support for these feature.

So I would like to know is there a way by which I can disable putting
interface down, without changing wpa_supplicant code. I mean just by using
some config while enabling wpa_supplicant or I should change wpa_supplicant
code it self?

-Raghu