Making wpa_supplicant work with dhclient on Fedora

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon May 19 11:43:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 11:19 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> Logging in is unnecessary to have NM connect you.  If you have setup
> your machine with static IP either from the installer, or from
> system-config-network (make sure the "Controlled by NetworkManager" box
> is checked) then NM will respect the static IP configuration you have
> provided.  If that's not the case, check
> your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 config file to ensure
> that it's using the settings you want, if not edit it with
> system-config-network or directly with a text editor.  If that file
> looks correct, then we can debug further.

OK, here's my scenario.  If my laptop is with me, I want it connect to
the networks I trust and use dynamic addresses.  If my laptop is at
work, I want to be able to ssh into the firewall, ssh into the laptop
and do something with it remotely, which can include reboots.  Besides,
I don't like to leave systems with me logged in.  I don't care if the
laptop is using a dynamic address at work, as the laptop would get a
specific IP address, and if it gets some other address, I'll find it
easily (trying a couple of addresses beats driving to the office, that's
for sure).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin